Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Mosque at Ground Zero
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2010, 07:24 PM   #68 (permalink)
DVS
in la la land

I'm stuck being a Rap Fan

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuksek View Post
Muslims are supposed to pray 5 times a day. Meaning they'd want a place of worship near their workplace. Also, their holy day lies on a working day. It only makes sense to have in that location, which employs a lot of people of the islamic faith.
Why does a Mosque have to be built in a place of political disaster. I've seen muslims pray at many public places so a place of refuge at this particular place really isn't needed. You could build a mosque anywhere and like I said before I bet you won't find many residences in the perimeter of this mosque. Money could be served better for the Muslim people somewhere else. Yes their are other places of worship build in obscure places but usually these buidlings have been around for years and years.

Personally I dont' really get why religion has to be mixed up with political instances. Leave religion in the heart it is after all the 21st century we should be more aware what religion means in our lives.

Love to see a catholic church get built right smack dab beside Mecca and see what happens then
DVS is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote