Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Josh Smith Talking to the Clippers?
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2008, 03:02 PM   #19 (permalink)
Claudius
contemplating

The Killing Joke

Representing:
Send a message via MSN to Claudius

See I think Okafor is a better defensive player than Smith ever has been. Okafor does a hell of a job against big men, day in and day out.

Smith has the advantage that he's one of the most athletic guys on the court and has made the weak side block a thing of beauty, is that even though the weak side block looks nice, more often than naught, a good player will see it coming and dish to the man the defender has left. And even though, you will be blocked in one game, you probably scored an additional 10 points up to that point. This is where Smith, if he learned how to box out, how to position his feet, could be deadly but if he hasn't done these things, which were taught in HIGH SCHOOL, then why should they be taught again in the NBA? He refuses to listen to it, so be it.

Secondly, stats do lie. Example would be Stackhouse in 2000 I beleive when he led the league in scoring even though he averaged I believe below 40% on his FG%. He was barely an all-star.
Claudius is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote