Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Josh Smith Talking to the Clippers?
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2008, 02:01 PM   #18 (permalink)
Adequate Swag
is pounding the rock!

RF Affiliate

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuggleBled View Post
i hate these discussions. my opinion, your stats.

smith doesn't play disciplined basketball. he goes for blocks leaving his assignment all the time, with that he normally doesn't keep the ball in play. he doesn't box-out, he rebounds by using his athleticism. he's not a good shooter, great on the fast break. stats look great, though.
Very valid. I don't see why you hate these discussions. What you just said is hardly an opinion, you're absolutely right.

At the same time, the guy is what, 22? You're talking about things that can be improved on with proper coaching and hard work.

Sure, his athleticism will decrease, but I think you're both being a little unfair to the guy to suggest he won't look to improve other areas of his game. What happened when Amare Stoudemire's athleticism was compromised? He developed a game that was equally as dominant without relying so much on athleticism.

He's improving every year, statistically, skill wise and mentally. Sure, he's not all the way there yet, but did you watch the guy as a rookie? To suggest he hasn't made great strides every year is, again, being unfair to him.

And as for not being able to rely on athleticism at age 30? (which, by the way, is 8 freakin years away, and has little bearing on the contract he's about to sign)

Jamario Moon begs to differ
Adequate Swag is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote