Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Alimony
Thread: Alimony
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2010, 11:48 PM   #159 (permalink)
Aar_Canada
is pounding the rock!

Captain Ding Dong

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmChairGM View Post
+1 (but he's entertaining in a bad way. I feel guilty laughing at this shit)

I've laughed out loud a few times already. One time I burst into laughter because I was imagining 'trane's reaction to Cory's "Marriage 101" post.

I'm kinda dissapointed that Aar said he "liked" Cory's explanation. Come on, Aar!
I'll reiterate that I liked parts. Go... up yo' arse.

Really though, marriage isn't what it once was. I don't know if 'importance' is the right word, but it isn't as important - to people, to the health of our society, etc. It's more symbolic now, whereas in the past, it seemed to have a specific purpose - which was most likely dumb, but whatever. And, like other things which have, with time, lost their meaning, it will eventually die out. I think we're beyond it at this point. It's difficult to let go though. My girlfriend will often say, "I've wanted it ever since I was a little girl. I wanted to get married, have a kid" etc, etc, pass the Advil. Seems she's locked into this promise she made to herself when she was 7. I wanted to fly to the moon when I was 7 and I swore to myself that I'd get there. Things changed though. I also thought my BMX was K.I.T.T. and for a while, I thought I was Jesus.

Let's all sing!

Alimony, alimony, payin' yo' bills!
Livin', lovin', she's just a woman!
Aar_Canada is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote