Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Alimony
Thread: Alimony
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2010, 03:48 PM   #95 (permalink)
jeffb
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LX View Post
My marriage was a small celebration of two independent people and their friends and family coming together. It could have been something more informal and we would have been fine, but the other people involved in the day would have taken it differently. Marriage has changed over the course of time, just as the sense of community has changed. Eventually our sense of community might make it entirely unnecessary, but rituals of some sort will likely last as long as we do, because believe it or not, they do help us to collectively approach the enormous gulf where the unknowable lies waiting for each of us.

We come into the unkown alone, and leave it on our own. I don't see much sense in going mad facing it utterly alone, even if it means we need to fool each other to a degree to get around that. I guess that makes me a VHS male.

But not getting married doesn't mean you have to be alone. It just depends on the two people involved and their wants. Compromise is a part of life, to what extent is up to the individuals involved and it can't be one sided otherwise there will be resentment. Marriage is very difficult to make work, add everyday BS, Kids and other things to the mix and well....it just isn't for me. Whoever gets married i wish them the best but in the back of my mind i'm thanking god it isn't me.
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote