Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Alimony
Thread: Alimony
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2010, 03:00 PM   #81 (permalink)
Aar_Canada
is pounding the rock!

Captain Ding Dong

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson Filth View Post
i think marriage for a lot is fulfilling a childhood dream. i don't care to get married, but i don't want to stand in the way of my girlfriends dream ever since she can remember. for me it's a step towards compromise, which is what is most important in successful relationships.
My girlfriend wants to get married and brings it up a lot. I don't think it's THAT important to her, but she has her moments which turn into our moments and it can get heated. She says she doesn't care about the ceremony, about anyone knowing. So, I ask her what the point is. She wants to have the same last name as our son.

Me: "Go down to city hall and change it"

Her: "It's not the same!"

Me:

And as far as fulfilling a childhood dream, I can't imagine having a such a dream and then expecting someone to help me fulfill it. My girlfriend always says, "It's what *I* want and you should want to make me happy!" Like, excuse me? I'd like a threesome with a stripper...

I'll reiterate that I'm not putting anyone down for whatever they choose to do. I'm just bringing it up because I seem to be questioned about it and badgered by people.
Aar_Canada is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote