Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Alimony
Thread: Alimony
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2010, 02:38 PM   #70 (permalink)
Barracuda
the fighter of the Nightman

Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Cherry Bomb

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aar_Canada View Post
See, I don't think it's a step beyond. And if it feels like it is, that'd wear off pretty quick. I don't know. I think some people view marriage as something you do after you've been playing the field and sort of trying out a bunch of different people. "Now I've found THE ONE and now we will be married!" which I guess I understand within that context. THAT'S a step beyond. But if you're committed in your relationship(s) before, I don't see the difference. It's like it's not what it used to mean, which begs the question, what does it mean? What does it mean in this day and age?
I think it means different things to different people. It's all relative, really.

Which is why it's a subject that can't exactly be debated. Everyone has a different opinion, everyone wants what they want. Just like people who never WANT to be in a relationship. We can ask "don't you want/need love?" til we're blue in the face, but it doesn't change how they feel.

I'll never apologize or feel stupid for wanting to be married one day. It's just something I want (it also doesn't mean I ever will; it may not work out that way). I don't think I could explain it properly if I tried.

So, come on people now... smile on your brother, everybody get together, try to love one another right now.

'n junk.

Barracuda is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote