Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Alimony
Thread: Alimony
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2010, 11:03 AM   #38 (permalink)
Bill Haverchuck
the gat'll killya quicker, when I'm drunk off the liquor

The Mara sisters are hot!

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory View Post
If Calderon makes the odd good defense play, does that mean it's wrong to say he's generally a bad defender? If Dwayne Wade scores 15 points in a game, does that mean it's wrong to say that he generally doesn't score close to 30 a game?

But this is sports, generalizations apply just as well to scientific fields like genetics, psychology, chemistry and Quantum Mechanics, science does not rest on absolutes, it rests on statistical probabilities, it makes statements about what generally occurs, which can be demonstrated repeatedly in the real world.

The whole world functions by using generalizations, this because things generally happen a certain way, always with rare exceptions.

So when I make the generalization that custody of the kids goes to the cheating or non cheating wife who gets child support, it's because that's what generally happens, despite relatively rare exceptions.
You're not being consistent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory View Post
uh, read my opening post again and you'll see I made that qualification, women need to beware, too.

But women automatically get custody and child support, so they have the opportunity to break the marriage to jump ship to a different man, and then get financed by their ex for it.
And that's why Taz took offense. You said "automatically".
Bill Haverchuck is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote