Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - New Scoreboard for ACC
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2008, 07:35 PM   #20 (permalink)
effin' ineffable

In the Paint

I wasn't actually being sarcastic. I mean will it make a difference attracting players? Who knows for sure? It could a little which is worth something. Winning means more for players and money might mean more than anything, but they also like their own images and their toys. Plenty of teams go overboard on their training facilities and such for the very purpose of creating a buzz about how great the franchise is with their players.

Do Maple Leaf fans need a scoreboard to be motivated to buy tix? Last time I checked they didn't even need a team with a chance in hell of winning anything for decades. Don't kid yourselves too much now - MLSE is not going to spend 8 mill for the benefit of the fans with nothing else in mind. It's all about proving to the people that matter most that they are not as bush league as many would rightly or wrongly suggest.

So the Raps need to win, they need to get a few dates on US tv, they need to get people all over the continent talking about them more, and they need players to think of Toronto as a real destination, with a cool scoreboard to act as a bit of an exclamation point, everytime they come to town.
LX is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote