Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Grange: "O'Neal's impact to remain mystery until the fall"
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2008, 01:06 PM   #7 (permalink)
Adequate Swag
is pounding the rock!

RF Affiliate

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudius View Post
I'm excited about the prospect of having him on the team. He's too good skill wise to be mediocre.

Ideally, I want him to be more of a defensive presence than an offensive presence. If all he does is collect garbage points then I'll be happy, but if he can alter shots I'm going to be ecstatic. Also, throw in Moon's athleticism and I think defensively we'll be very solid.
He's amongst the most underrated defenders in the league.

In his last full season, John Hollinger wrote about how good JO is defensively. He was, if I'm not mistaken, top 10 in the league in charges drawn and blocked shots. That is just outstanding.

I also recall Rick Carlisle when he was in Indy saying that JO could lead the league in blocks easily if he wanted to, but that he was more concerned with buying into the team's defensive game plan and playing solid man defense, which doesn't lead to a lot of blocks.

He could average 10 points...if he plays defense like he has in the past, and I've been led to believe he still can, he's still a great pickup.
Adequate Swag is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote