Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Brand going to Philly
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2008, 01:37 AM   #12 (permalink)
Adequate Swag
is pounding the rock!

RF Affiliate

Representing:

If they were going to give out the max, I think they were right to give it to Brand and not Smith.

This team needs a focal point, and as much as I love Andre Igoudala, he didn't seem comfortable in that position.

They've got a beastly front line, a steady veteran point guard and some young depth. They should probably play some good defense too.

I would argue that this makes them a better team in 08/09 than signing Smith would. Down the road, who knows...but at this point I think this was a good move.

Baron has no right to be mad about anything. Unless Brand told Baron that he was coming back, Baron should have assumed he was leaving. It's not like he was leaving the defending champs or something. He was supposed to leave money on the table to play with Baron Davis and the mighty Clippers? Shit, most players would leave money on the table to play anywhere BUT the Clippers.

And now the Hawks are going to fall ass backwards into re-signing Josh Smith. Unbelievable.

Last edited by Adequate Swag; 07-09-2008 at 01:42 AM.
Adequate Swag is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote