Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - The Oklahoma City SuperSonics?
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2008, 04:46 PM   #10 (permalink)
Adequate Swag
is pounding the rock!

RF Affiliate

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major View Post
I'm just saying because a lot of Seattle fans hate this idea of moving city (which obviously comes to no surprise) and that maybe a lot of them won't be able/or won't want to come to the games. But then again there are guys in OKC who would want to watch games. I don't know. I don't even know what their average attendance is and how often they sell-out, I have no idea.
You seem confused...

Last year they played in Seattle.

Next year the same team will play in Oklahoma City.

As such, there will be no NBA team in Seattle.

Seattle fans being upset about the move has no impact on OKC's ticket sales because said upset fans live in Seattle, and are likely not in the market for OKC tickets.

OKC's average attendance and number of sellouts are currently non-existant, as they didn't have a team last year, you see.

If you're looking for an indication of how the team will do attendance-wise, take a look at the numbers from when the Hornets were playing there. Keep in mind though, that attendance is always going to be great in the short term. If the "Sonics" are still wading through lottery-land 5 years from now, then we'll see what kind of numbers OKC can actually pull.

And we'll see how much money Clay Bennet is willing to lose to keep a team in OKC. He's already lost a bundle getting it there.
Adequate Swag is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote