Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Our Wingmen Situation
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2008, 03:40 PM   #17 (permalink)
Adequate Swag
is pounding the rock!

RF Affiliate

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
The defense used his inability to hit an open shot as a free ride on rotatrions to double key players.
Correct, I would say.

I don't want my first post to be interpreted as hating on Moon, because I'm a big fan of what he brings to the team.

It's just that the original article Major quoted referenced Moon as being "that player who could create shots for himself" or something. And realistically, Moon is the last member of our starting line up we want creating his own shots.

He'll get plenty of opportunities to score, and like you've all said, it's all about improving his ability to hit shots. Because with Jose distributing and with the beasts we've got on the block, Moon is going to find himself open for plenty of looks.

I don't like putting a number on it and saying, "if he scores x points per game with y rebounds per game then that's a good season" It's not about his numbers, it's about defenses recognizing him as a consistent threat to score, forcing them to pay attention to him on defense, and thus opening things up for Jose/Bosh/O Neal.

You can't have a link weak enough on offense that teams ignore like they often did Moon last year. Look at Boston in the playoffs. Rondo was essentially getting left open the entire time, and it's no coincedence that he was a huge key in all of their series. When he hit his open shots, the entire Boston team looked alot better. When he shot poorly from the field, they didn't.

Moon could have the exact same statistical averages as last year, and I'd still be happy if his shooting % from mid range and deep was up, because that's where he really needs to be dangerous.
Adequate Swag is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote