Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Our Wingmen Situation
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2008, 10:59 AM   #1 (permalink)
Major
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member, Eh?

Representing:
Default Our Wingmen Situation

I found this on the Raptors Board on RealGM. Kind of found it interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealGM
As almost all of us know, our wingmen situation is probably the worst in the NBA. With the moratorium almost up for free agent signings and trades to become official, it is becoming more clear that we aren't going to get that coveted wingman who we desperately need(Artest, Maggete). We don't have much assets to trade for a wingman who is going to make an immediate impact unless it means BC is willing to part ways with Bargnani which I don't think he will do unless a really enticing deal is on the the table.

Here is my suggestion, instead of figuring out who we can trade or who we can sign, why not try to solve the problem internally. Instead of over analyzing every available wingman, why not look at what we've got and make it useful. Why not let Moon and/or Bargnani be that possible player that can create shots for themselves. More than likely it's going to have to be Bargnani who is the one that emerges for us in order to take the next step towards a championship caliber team. Who's to say that Moon doesn't develop a bit more offensively or that Bargnani improves his game? In his first year, Bargnani played the SF at times and seemed rather comfortable at that position. So why not try that again.

It is just a crazy idea to solve the problem internally rather than externally. Anyways that's just my opinion.
Me? The only guy i'm thinking of is JR Smith from Denver. He's an RFA but it's not a give that the Nuggets will match an offer. They are already taking on a bunch of hefty salaries and might not want to push it. Just a thought.
Major is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote