Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Grange: Raps To Battle It Out For Bottom Playoff Spots
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2008, 03:03 PM   #7 (permalink)
LX
synapse jelly

In the Paint

Representing:

The more I see Grange think the less I respect his opinion. I would say that a lot of teams are in the mix, but to put the Raptors in that class is just overthinking. OK so maybe he wants to say that we won't be battling Orlando, Cleveland, Boston and Detroit - but even that looks past all kinds of stuff like how unbalanced the Cavs are, how much Detroit is looking to change and all under a new untested coach, and the fact that Orlando saw very few injuries last season.

To me he has just caught wind of all of the overall negativity out there and he's riding it, which is a shame since he can be good at looking at the big picture in a balanced manner. The problem is that Toronto fans will accuse you of being in bed with the team if you approach things rationally and fail to join in on their whine-fest. I really think he's looking to appeal to those folks more than he's suggesting that the other teams on his list stand to rise that much, which I have much less of a problem with.
LX is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote