Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Raptors Still Feel Joey Can Be A Major Player Here
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2008, 12:09 PM   #9 (permalink)
Major
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member, Eh?

Representing:

Joey's a young, healthy, athletic guy who doesn’t play, ever. He probably watches more NBA than me. He’s signed though until the 09-10 season and I don’t see how he’s going to leave TO before then unless he’s traded. Even on a team where the coach is liable to make random lineup changes based on the advice of his Magic 8 Ball, he can’t find his way onto the court for any burn. And the few times he does, he stinks it up bad.

But for all the long nights on the bench and negative press, Joey keeps quiet. While lesser men might call out the coach, management, I respect Joey for not taking shots through the media. Not once. Not while angry, not ever.

And you’d think, being a blogger who masks his lack of X & O knowledge by latching on to controversy, quotes taken out of context, and links to puking kittens, that I’d be praying for Joey to lose his cool and call the coaching staff a bunch of Canuckleheads. And I did, for a while. You really don’t come across a freebie like that too often without Deshawn Stevenson on your team. But only now, approaching a full season of Joey-less basketball, can I appreciate the loyalty and restraint that comes with Joey Graham. Because let’s face it, he doesn’t bring anything else to the table.

So although you guys have completely written him off by now, let’s take a second to commend the guy for being a professional about it. Joey played more than 16 minutes a game only twice this season and has been a healthy scratch for 50+ games.
Major is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote