Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Raptors Still Feel Joey Can Be A Major Player Here
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2008, 11:45 AM   #8 (permalink)
Adequate Swag
is pounding the rock!

RF Affiliate

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyRrAd_Nation View Post
Oh, i never said Joey was a disappointment. He is. You never know what you're gonna get with him.

This is whay it's a good idea for him to go to summer league. If he gets some confidence back and finally gets a clue on how to play, positioning, using his skills, he could finally be a valuable member of this team. I'd rather have him than any other of the players you mentionned.
He's already played 3 summer leagues and 3 full years of practices and games. Not to mention he was a 4 year college senior.

You think the 4th summer league go round is going to be his turning point?

Joey wasn't drafted to be a project or a slow developing guy. He was supposed to contribute and has had plenty of opportunities. To expect him to figure out how to play high quality basketball at age 26, when he's had every opportunity to figure it out already is overly optimistic.

If Joey can play spot minutes this year without being a total detriment to the team, then I'll be more than happy with him. I'd like to see him play more 4 than 3 as well, considering we've got alot more depth at the 3 spot, and Joey can be effective at the 4 against smaller defenders. (Smaller for the 4 spot, not smaller than him)

And I'd rather have Yuta Tabuse. For humour value if nothing else
Adequate Swag is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote