Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Video replay in soccer
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2010, 03:10 PM   #17 (permalink)
DVS
in la la land

I'm stuck being a Rap Fan

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belsius View Post
THe goal ref was a absolute failure in the test they did this year in the Europa League.

The number of refs is fine, the game only needs two things, first, game suspension for obvious divers. The reviewing of card sanctions after the game already exists in most leagues. Its pretty bad though.
Second. Phantom goals should be seeing in video replay or they should put a chip in the ball that tells the ref when the ball has gone all the way in the goal so the game is not stopped.

Offsides and handballs should be left alone, they are part of the game. I dont know for the challenge system, I dont think it could work. 1 call for each team is not enough, they would never know when to use it, specially because the players and coached are wrong most of the time themselves about what happend in a play. There are so many calls that are 50/50 really.
Some say Diving is a part of the game as well . Seriously, I think offsides should be computerized somehow. Maybe a computerized line with the defenders to beep at some time. I dunno just throwing in an example

I'm not thrilled about the challenge system either. Also, like most sports calls are always 50/50.
DVS is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote