Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Sun-Sentinel: "Reality Is That No One In Toronto Stays"
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2008, 04:42 PM   #33 (permalink)
Adequate Swag
is pounding the rock!

RF Affiliate

Representing:

Sources on the Bosh thing?

Now that interests me.

First of all, this guy is a pretty respected beat writer if I'm not mistaken. I've read his stuff before, and it's never jumped out at me as sensationalist or attention seeking. He's often linked at places like True Hoop or Slam, so clearly he's taken seriously by those in the business. Writing him off as full of shit is quick.

My initial reaction was that this article was simply speculative. Something to drum up some interest during the summer. After all, everyone is talking about the summer of 2010, and he's basically resigning to the fact that the Heat don't have a real shot at Lebron, so he's looking at the next best option. Fine. That's no different than a Raptors writer, or any of us, speculating what the Raps can do with all the cap space we have in 2010.

But sources regarding Bosh makes this story a whole lot more interesting in my opinion.

Did he indicate exactly what those sources were talking about? Is it specific information regarding Bosh? As in, he's already seriously considering not re signing, or is displeased with the city/organization/team. Or were the sources speaking more on the players don't want to come to Canada issue?

As far as the immigration hassles go, I don't see how a Miami based reporter would have any further insight than we all already have regarding players playing in Canada. I think it's an issue that is played up a little too much. What free agents have actually turned down Toronto based on it being in Canada? John Salmons?

A winning team and a big contract will solve almost any free agent issue. The Raptors have been relatively low on both for a long time. Until I see a player turn down a big contract from a contending Raptors team, I find this issue in general hard to get too worked up about. It happens everywhere, players leave for more money, a better team, or a better situation.

I mean, Baron just left 16 million on the table to get out of Golden State. I'm pretty sure that's never happened in Toronto. Does that mean they cant keep/sign free agents?
Adequate Swag is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote