Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - I'm going to go out on a limb and say .....
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2008, 06:17 PM   #10 (permalink)
LX
synapse jelly

In the Paint

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzo View Post
Stop it....thats dumb
You have any better ideas? I know - let's just insist that he's better than Bosh.

I'm sick of the excuses.

It's not about confidence, because he showed all that he needs to against the Spurs for instance.

It's not about nagging injuries or viruses as far as I can tell.

It's not about coming off the bench - he's starting.

It's not even about playing as a Center, because Bosh has been covering his ass in that regard all season. And he still goes out and kills this team today. They deserved to have an eight point lead early in the third, but the Mago sucked all the goodness out of what the other four guys on the floor were doing, and presto - they were down by six.

It's purely mental. Maurizio said as much on the FAN last week, and even that was meant to be an excuse. SO just give the guy the chance to get his mind together - in practice. Test his desire to actually play in games. And set the bar extremely low. Just look for the hunger. If that desire is there then I can take him looking worse than Hoffa on some nights. But if he looks like he doesn't really want to be there, then what's the point?
LX is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote