Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Sun-Sentinel: "Reality Is That No One In Toronto Stays"
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2008, 01:31 PM   #26 (permalink)
Adequate Swag
is pounding the rock!

RF Affiliate

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
I emailed him.

#1 reason FA's don't like Toronto.

Misinformation.

period.
Thank you.

Being in Canada hurts in acquiring FA's, not in retaining ones who have already played here.

Bosh will have been here for 7 years and by all accounts loves the city. He's not going to leave on some "I want to play in America" BS. The guy has plenty of exposure already via his "entertainment" and his status as a member of the Olympic team. So basically, his decision will be made based on what's happening on the court and what's going to happen in his bank account. Bottom line.

As for no one staying in Toronto...Vince got traded. He re-signed, it's not like he bolted. Sure, you could say he stopped playing well to force a trade, but his time here was up and everyone already knew it. Same thing could well have happened with any team in the same situation. Canada and Toronto had nothing to do with Vince leaving. McGrady wasn't a star when he left, and Toronto couldn't afford to give him the money that Orlando did, because Vince was viewed as more important. Again, nothing to do with Canada or Toronto. Simply a decision that had to be made due to financial constraints (I may be wrong there, because I don't totally remember the specifics, but I don't think he expressed an overwhelming desire to leave Canada) Alonzo never played here, so you can go back to SuperJudge's point on that one.

This is wishful thinking from a guy covering the worst team in the league. Nothing more.
Adequate Swag is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote