Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Sun-Sentinel: "Reality Is That No One In Toronto Stays"
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2008, 11:23 AM   #20 (permalink)
fancylad
blah!

nosce te ipsum

Representing:

While i agree with the generalization that most are making, i think it's pretty sad. not only that, it's stupid - but i do think it's becoming a bit of a thing of the past.

I will add that i don't think Toronto is seen as the "siberia" of the NBA like it was in the late 90's. More and more players are saying that Toronto is one of the more exciting markets in the league in terms of off court stuff. Charlie Villanueva was pretty devastated when he got traded to Milwuakee because he loved the city so much. Players will "party it up" here more than in most NBA cities - and that is a fact. Sure it's probably not as enticing as CHI, NY, LA, but that's about it.

Personally, i think a city becoming a hot destination is just as much about the organization itself as it is the city. Ever since BC came in, the raps are being seen in a new light. Sure some "superstars" still hold onto old points of view. but things are better now than before.
fancylad is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote