Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Sun-Sentinel: "Reality Is That No One In Toronto Stays"
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2008, 11:07 AM   #19 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Originally Posted by Ugo Ferst View Post
I hate to be Devils Advocate and i'll also mention im Toronto born and raised and i love it here. But the feeling i get from most Americans is, they think of Canada as small time in comparison to the USA, even tho Toronto is bigger then most American cities and is much more diverse and multi cultural, i really think most American players rather play in the United States. (

I would have to agree... imagine any player born and raised in the states... come to Toronto to play... and during their off-season everyone asks "How is Canada.. how are the igloos..." - they have to hear it from people they grew up - defend a city and country because they don't know Canada (which probably gets tiring)! And I am sure, the player falls into the jokes and goes along with it...

I am for international players 100%... as they appreciate a) being in the NBA, and b) Toronto's multicultural makeup
ejfron is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote