Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - The Official RF Trade Proposal Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2010, 02:22 AM   #372 (permalink)
VanCity
is pounding

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EggsToTheBBQ View Post
Like I said, the Raptors have $30 million worth of leverage. $30 million is a hell of a lot of money. Even for an all star basketball player. The CBA was designed to give the team that drafted the player lots of leverage.

Bosh can refuse to sign, true, but the Raptors can absolutely let him walk. It clears up cap space at the very least, and isn't necessarily bad for the team. It's better than taking a bad locker room presence on to a young team, and it's better than acquiring an untradeable contract, or a bust. Also, there's no point in a deal for a huge trade exception, they might as well just let him walk and use the cap space.

It seems to me it's the media that wants it to be the other way around, that the player has all the leverage. That way they can sell stories about super teams.
:facepalm:
bosh would walk if the team told him that he would have to play for the grizz if he wants 30 mil....exactly my point....if he says he doesnt want to go to the grizz, hes not going there....
VanCity is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote