Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - lingerie football
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2010, 11:06 PM   #14 (permalink)
effin' ineffable

In the Paint

Originally Posted by Barracuda View Post
I have to disagree a bit. I wasn't "espousing a smidgeon of feminist values". Just regular ol' values. I get feminism, of course I do. I absolutely respect it. I have some very feminist friends who I respect and am proud of.

But if I was a true all-out feminist, I wouldn't be able to be a part of this board because I'd be against half of what is talked about and the RF Babe of The Day would horrify me.

But I'm not, and it doesn't.

Equality is EXACTLY what I'm about. If this thread was about a league of men playing in g-strings, I would have said the same thing. I think it mocks sports and downplays athleticism. That's pretty simple.
That's where labels get silly - because of course there are feminists that would not at all be horrified by the Babe of the Day. The labels that people attach to themselves get pretty twisted, so I don't blame you a bit for wanting to avoid taking on the label yourself.

But that is what the basis of feminism is in that one simple statement in bold. And it seems like regular old values because you are in a position where you are able to hold those values. But it still touches on feminism.

And are you saying the ancients mocked sports? They invented the damn olympics. For shame.
LX is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote