Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - lingerie football
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2010, 09:30 PM   #13 (permalink)
Barracuda
the fighter of the Nightman

Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Cherry Bomb

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by •LX• View Post
If you're not allergic to the idea of equality, and have benefitted from that idea yourself relative to people in the past, then it doesn't really matter. It's a silly label, and silly only because all labels are when you get down to it. But feminism in it's own right deserves a little respect and we are all attached to its principles to some respect, unless we came out of something that was not a woman. I didn't want to lecture - I just wanted to stand up for good ideas in the face of what looked like a bit of unwarranted stigma, especially when - yeah - you were espousing a smidgeon of feminist values.

I say we go with an approach of equality. All sports do it ancient Greek style!
I have to disagree a bit. I wasn't "espousing a smidgeon of feminist values". Just regular ol' values. I get feminism, of course I do. I absolutely respect it. I have some very feminist friends who I respect and am proud of.

But if I was a true all-out feminist, I wouldn't be able to be a part of this board because I'd be against half of what is talked about and the RF Babe of The Day would horrify me.

But I'm not, and it doesn't.

Equality is EXACTLY what I'm about. If this thread was about a league of men playing in g-strings, I would have said the same thing. I think it mocks sports and downplays athleticism. That's pretty simple.
Barracuda is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote