Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Dave Feschuk:Colangelo is no elite executive!
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2008, 01:10 AM   #20 (permalink)
moremilk
whatever

Representing:

it's one thing to have cap space when you're team is decent. Our team two years ago was a joke. And please, don't call Joey Graham good, young talent ... CV was overrated, but at least he was a good assets who got us a good pg. In the end CV ended up on the bench where he belongs, but at the time his value was sky high. To his credit, Colangelo understood that there is no stardom in his future, otherwise he wouldn't have traded him. I remember how much criticism he took for that move, and look how it turned out. TJ Ford was a great player for us, and if not for Jose's emergence, he would still be our starting PG. If he stays healthy, he has a good future ahead of him. CV's future is a lifetime of MLEs.

And I love how all the good moves BC makes are someone else's idea ... Moon was Kelly's idea, Haffa was Sam's idea and so on Hey, I have an idea of myself, let's trade Joey for Lebron, do you think it's doable? Everybody knew that we have to get rid of Araujo, but Bryan was actually able to do it, and to get something of value in return. It was Bryan who talked another GM into doing this trade, not Mitchell.

And to call the situation we've been two years ago "ideal" is ridiculous. What was ideal about it, you had 4 players (only two of them of starter quality) and 12 millions in cap space.

Last edited by moremilk; 06-28-2008 at 01:14 AM.
moremilk is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote