Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Dave Feschuk:Colangelo is no elite executive!
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2008, 11:12 PM   #8 (permalink)
moremilk
whatever

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
No he isn't.

And this crew of Jackals on here say the EXACT SAME THING Feschuk just did on a daily basis on here.

He didn't say he sucked, he basically looked at the results, the facts, and made an assesment based upon the predicted place Toronto would be based upon what Colangelo himself guarenteed.

Big whoop.

I like Colangelo, and don't agree wih Feschuk entirely, but its a valid argument, and not at ALL unique, LOTS of people thnk that about BC!
I'm pretty sure he is. For one, what Colangelo did here was not "common GM stuff" by any stretch. When he got here, we had like 1 player, 2 or 3 assets of moderate value (cv, jose, mo pete) and everybody else was a stiff. We had about 12 millions or so in cap space.

Just to recap (and I know I'm preaching to the choir), here's what we had beyond those 4 players:

Araujo - not in the league anymore
Sow - not in the league anymore
Woods - not in the league anymore
Aaron Williams - not a rotation player anymore
Eric Williams - not in the league anymore
Antonio Davis - not in the league anymore
Mike James - not a rotation player anymore
Joey Graham - not a rotation player anymore
Matt Bonner - not a rotation player anymore
Andrew Barett - not in the league anymore

So you have 11 stiffs, 1 good asset (CV), 2 mediocre assets (MoPete, Jose) and an all-star on the verge of bolting town. You have 12 millions in cap-space. You got lucky in the draft and got the number 1 pick, but the draft is very weak. During the next 2 years you only get one more first rounder (non-lottery) and a couple of second rounders. To top it off, you play in the worst NBA market, where most players don't want to come. You are also a laughinstock after missing the playoffs for 5 years in a row and the Vince Carter debacle.

If you tell me that most GMs in this league turn this nighmare into a team that averages 44 wins the next 2 seasons, making the playoffs two years in a row, and to the point that in the third year, at least some NBA analysts consider us a legitimate contender, that your friendship with feschuk is clouding your judgement.

And going back to him, if he's so upset about this trade - why doesn't offer us an alternative ... ?
moremilk is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote