Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - G20 Summit
Thread: G20 Summit
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2010, 08:02 PM   #89 (permalink)
Superjudge
is pounding the rock!

Representing:

Protesting and rioting are entirely different processes.

When peaceful protesters are upstaged by the "black bloc" system of creating anarchy their message is both disregarded and forgotten.

Young kids reliving the 60's is fine by me. Peaceful and purposeful Protest is, and will always be a suitable and acceptable political vehicle.

The Black Bloc is not
Rioting is not
Hooliganism is not.

Oddly, they are all in there poking at the Police and screaming ridiculous blather at them about the cost of the Security for the G20. It's as if they forget that protesting and rioting is expected, what is not expected, and what is being defended against is the very real threat of a more global and destructive attack by external terror cell types.

You don't spend a Billion bucks on motorcades, new police gear and fencing guys. You do spend it on big time surveillance, Airspace protection, border and CSIS intelligence etc.

Its the fucking G20. It's important that the top guys on the planet not be killed. Its also important to keep your political meetings in you capital cities, its a showing of non-compliance to terror threats, and a way to let people know you aren't going to buck under terror tactics. You pay a financial price for these types of political moves.

I'm not pro harper, oh jesus I think he's an evil robot, but the bigger picture remains. And if a few little Riot monkeys decide to compromise the safety of the summit attendee's, well, perhaps they shouldn't cry foul when they get a baton to the face. If you're a peaceful sort, and you run in the same vicinity, you're gonna get caught in the crosshairs, don't fucking blame the Police, they didn't ask you to be there.

Anyhow.

Like I said.

Protest good.
Riot bad.
Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote