Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Vecsey Likes the O'Neal Acquisition
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2008, 03:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
Dr. J. Naismith
convinced that Raptors fans are only happy when they're unhappy.

Retired Administrator

Representing:
Default Vecsey Likes the O'Neal Acquisition

I'm kind of surprised that Pete's actually positive about this move because he's usually one of the Raptor's most negative critics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Vecsey
The Raptors, meanwhile, were very good the season before last, winning the Atlantic Division, and just plain good this past year. By acquiring Jermaine O'Neal from the Pacers for extraneous playmaker T.J. Ford, conceptually, no opponent from either conference should be able to sweat them.

Never hesitant to take a risk, team president Bryan Colangelo is gambling his limit this time by taking on a contract ($44M for two years) owned by a chronically injured player. Count me in for a piece of that action.

Should O'Neal return to All-Star form the Raptors' upside is equally boundless. I'm told he's in excellent shape while joining a title contender is certain to boost his dwindling spirit.

Pretend you care and ask the fans howling at the Jamario Moon who they would rather have, the frontline of Bosh-O'Neal-Andrea Bargnani . . . Bogut-Jefferson-Villanueva . . . or Eddy Curry-Zach Randolph-Gallinari?
Source - Click here
Dr. J. Naismith is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote