Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - DX: Raptors A Threat To Miss The Playoffs Now
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2008, 01:44 PM   #20 (permalink)
moremilk
whatever

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyRrAd_Nation View Post
I do. Our depth was our calling card. Now with TJ, Rasho, Garbo, Baston, Delfino, Brezec gone, and only up O'Neal, BC has A LOT of work to do. I wouldn't be surprised if we did miss the playoffs.
you've got to be kidding me ... Brezec, Baston and Garbo played about 200 minutes combined. Losing them will make NO DIFFERENCE. Delfino will either be resigned, or somebody better will be signed for the MLE. Rasho didn't play at all for the first half of the season (when we had our best record, at 10 over .500 with 25 games to go).

I would argue that losing Ford is hardly a major concern. Let's say Ford was playing 25 minutes per game. 15 of those minutes will be played by Jose now, who is clearly a better player. Only 10 of the minutes will be played by somebody of considerably lesser value. I think that's pretty much a toss - as long as we have somebody at least superior to Derrick Martin as the backup PG.

So really, all we're losing is Rasho and we're getting O'Neal. O'Neal is a top 5 defensive big man in the league with a much better offensive game than Rasho. He solves our most glaring weakness, interior defense. He solves our second and thirs most glaring weaknesses, shot blocking and rebound. His scoring will be a significant improvement over what both Rasho and Bargnani produced last season.
moremilk is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote