Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Video replay in soccer
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2010, 08:41 AM   #1 (permalink)

nosce te ipsum
Default Video replay in soccer

Who here thinks it's a good idea?

I think the time is right to bring it in at least in some capacity. Now i do like the human element in the soccer referee... i guess i'm a bit of a purist in that regard, but i also don't like mistakes costing games which is happening a lot.

So here is my proposed system:

Each team is allowed one challenge per match. Plays can be reviewed via video replay if they are involved in the scoring of a goal or a goal scoring opportunity is given within the box (i.e. if a penalty is rewarded). Challenges can only be made regarding plays that occur in the box. For the purpose of not making too much change and unrest right at once, offisides CANNOT be challenged and the linesman is still 100% in charge of that.

Done. simple as that.

Now onto diving. Diving can additionally be reviewed after the game. If a player is found to have gone down like a complete sissy without actually being fouled then they can be fined and suspended the next match.

That's it.

I think it's a slow way to implement change, but it's a good step in the right direction and also wouldn't change things too much from the way they work now.
fancylad is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote