Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - The Official RF Trade Proposal Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2010, 05:35 AM   #260 (permalink)
Go Zags!
loving the Finals!

Representing:
Default Fruitman #2

This trade will at first sound crazy, but I think it makes a lot of sense on all four sides:

To Raps:
Maggette
Iguodala
Nocioni

To Kings:
Turkoglu
Bellinelli

To Sixers:
Derozan
Weems
Banks

To Warriors:
Evans
Udrih

Now, we know Turk isn't coming back. He's thrown out going back to Sacramento. He'd complement Evans well, and the Kings were shopping Nocioni at the deadline, his DUI not endearing himself to Kings management well. Sacramento gains an edge, and it's the kind of move they need to make to enter the playoff race in the west. For Warriors, the Maggette deal holds them back a bit, Evans gives them an expiring contract, while Udrih is a much more manageable contract for only two more years. They gain flexibility for the 2011 free agent race. Again, Maggette was shopped last year at the deadline. For the Sixers, Weems and Derozan are similar in many ways to Iggy, but come cheap and are both controllable for five more years if the Sixers wish while Banks provides an expiring. Sixers can't get rid of Brand, so Iggy becomes next best option and was shopped last year as well. Raptors could sweeten this deal by offering some picks or cash if need be. While Toronto gets the most talent, all three teams partaking in the deal gain flexibility and shed some problems. Now, Toronto takes on more money long term, but will remain under the salary cap this year if Bosh walks. If he does, this trade provides much more of a slashing and cutting element on the wings for the Raps while allowing Bargnani to do his thing. We will need to consider how to run our offence next year if Chris leaves and I believe this would work well. This is what Vince brought our team, and Maggette and Iggy can score in bunches. With a solid signing using the mid-level exception and a good draft choice this year, a new core develops. After watching the Raps the last few years, it becomes clear that things are not working. I really think by getting rid of seven (Bosh, Turk, Weems, Derozan, Evans, Banks and Bellinelli) not to mention all the expiring deals, this team can reinvent itself. But then of course, BC and JT can argue for patience as the team tries to develop chemistry, but I would rather take that than wait for this crew to implode. A solid sign and trade for Bosh could also bring in possibly two solid rotation players which will help fill out the roster next year.
Go Zags! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote