Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Who watches the WNBA?
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2010, 07:45 PM   #34 (permalink)
AR1815
set adrift on a memory bliss of you.

Reptars

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barracuda View Post
I guess it was either that, or the longer version: "You watch the NBA. That's basketball. So why don't you watch us in the WNBA? We're basketball, too. Just plain basketball. not Basketball's Little Sister, or Basketball's Homely Girlfriend. We're BASKETBALL. Watch us."
True, but my cousin's 3rd grade rec basketball league can also claim the slogan 'Basketball is basketball.'

I think WNBA basketball is a more pure version, much like NCAA (of either sex). It's not a crack on the players; it's just that generally, they're not freakishly big and athletic like their NBA counterparts are. There is no back-door slip leading to an alley-oop in the WNBA. From what I've seen, there is more teamwork and the players have to execute plays at a higher level to score. Why not focus advertising on that?

To ArmChairGM, I think by 'breeding' one can also include blacks who came over in slavery times. They were chosen for their strength and physical condition. Sure, it has been a long time since slavery has been abolished (in most of the world), but don't you think that their superior 'starting point' could have had an effect that is visible until today?
AR1815 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key