Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - UPDATE: Toronto - Jermaine O'Neal is a Raptor
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2008, 01:35 PM   #15 (permalink)
Apollo
a dick

Banned

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
If this guy stays healthy he can help.But at the same time he's still owed 44 million dollars over the next two seasons.This for a guy averaging 51 GP per season over the last 4 seasons and isn't a 20PPG/10RPG anymore.Like i said earlier alot of money for that big a risk.And when you're talking that kind of dough it is a risk.
The thing is he's only 29 years old I don't think Colangelo would pull the trigger on the deal unless O'Neal is cleared by Raptors doctors. For that to happen he can't be damaged goods. So really if the deal does go down then it wouldn't be Colangelo taking a huge risk, it would be Colangelo taking a calculated risk. At the end of the day if it blows up in their faces its not like the Raptors were going to be legit contenders in the next two seasons, the contract expires in two seasons and they will have lots of cap space to re-sign Bosh the max money deal he will command.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyRrAd_Nation View Post
I don't know where Andrea fits in if we deal for O'Neal. That would take away a lot of development. I think Andrea would go in a deal that would net us a swingman.
Some pressure would be off of him, he wouldn't have to play center 25-30 minutes per game and he could go back to being the sixth man coming off the bench. I don't think he regressed last season, I think he was thrown to the wolves at center and he obviously wasn't ready. He would certainly bounce back playing 30 minutes per game at the forward spot off the bench.

Last edited by Apollo; 06-23-2008 at 01:38 PM.
Apollo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote