Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/raptors/public_html/f/includes/init.php on line 97

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/raptors/public_html/f/includes/init.php on line 101

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/raptors/public_html/f/includes/init.php on line 109

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/raptors/public_html/f/includes/init.php on line 120

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/raptors/public_html/f/includes/init.php on line 124

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/raptors/public_html/f/includes/init.php on line 132

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/raptors/public_html/f/includes/init.php on line 201

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/raptors/public_html/f/includes/init.php on line 378

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/raptors/public_html/f/includes/class_core.php on line 2514
Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Artest/K.Thomas to Lakers for Odom??
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2008, 09:07 AM   #9 (permalink)
Major
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member, Eh?

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The MVP of West Hollywood View Post
While Artest is a good idea, I still don't see why the Kings want him

What if the Lakers gave them Bynum for Artest, Udrih, and their 1st next year?

Fisher/Udrih
Kobe
Artest
Odom
Gasol

That's pretty good. Still a little soft inside but it was almost good enough this year, and I don't think Gasol's defence was the reason they lost this series.

I know it sounds dumb to trade Bynum but the guy still isn't a sure thing to be a star, his knee could have issues and I do think his offense this year was overrated, half his points were off Kobe double teams. They might feel his value is at a peak right now and if he pulls a Bargnani next year, they certainly won't get a package like that for him.

Kings do this just for Bynum's potential. With LA, it's riskier to bank your hopes on a non-sure thing, because they want to win right now. With Sacramento, as long as you have Kevin Martin you're in for a long history of mediocrity without any real franchise player. You'll never be bad enough to get a superstar and you'll never be good enough to actually make noise. If Bynum panned out though, that's an awesome pair.
I like that but I really think Bynums gonna become a franchise player for the Lakers, and really, he's only had 1 season with them before the injury. I say give him some time, he's still young, and he's going to be pretty good for the years to come.
Major is offline   Boss Key Wife Key