Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - U.S. Forces kill Reuters News Staffers
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2010, 04:05 PM   #17 (permalink)
LX
synapse jelly

In the Paint

Representing:

Is cowboys the right description though? Or are they trained in simulations to be distanced from the reality of this? Are they actually closer to being extensions of drones? To me the frightening aspect is the ho-hum nature of it all. There's no holy fuck we have an rpg here, gotta take him out. No huge amount of uncontrolled adrenaline. And in fact everything was ok'ed here for an attack before a possible rpg was even noted.

It comes down to this for me, and this goes for everything I've seen reported on the ground or from cameras like this, or from a distance through a reporter's eyes. If you are in a place like Iraq and Afghanistan, you have a good chance of finding yourself in the wrong place at the wrong time, and the US does not give a shit about the daily tragedies committed at their hands as long as they have their green zone. And the fuckwads that commit all kinds of atrocities to their own countrymen are all too happy to conspire in creating such a hellscape.
LX is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote