Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Gotta get Humps more minutes
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2008, 12:05 AM   #11 (permalink)
Jay
is pounding the rock!

Administrator

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. J. Naismith View Post
OOOOOK, so by reading your comments I see I'm alone on this. If you guys are opposed to the idea, I hate to hear what thriller's going to say.
Okay, you knew you'd get some support from me. I have no problem with a guy who is trying to prove himself taking a few "personal moments" when the team is up. He doesn't force shots when they are in tight games, he sticks with what works. Does he pass a lot? No, but he's not supposed to. When Hump gets the ball, he's shouldn't be any more than 7 feet from the rim. That's why when he gets the ball, he's going up and HE'S GOING TO GO UP STRONG, which is exactly what you want him to do. Hump passes when he is out of his range (which isn't too far) and then tries to get back low where he can bang. If anybody can name another Raptor who goes as hard to the basket as Hump does, er...let me know.

I don't think you can start running him out there on serious extended minutes, it's tough for a guy that size to continually play like that, but I would like to see him get some more time. Just make sure he remembers his role.
Jay is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote