Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Tiger...
Thread: Tiger...
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2008, 11:02 AM   #16 (permalink)
Acie
landry fields forever

Administrator

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major View Post
It may mean nothing to you guys but as a hardcore hockey fan I found that just disgraceful. He could've said something else like "Well honestly, I really haven't been following it too much" that would've been okay.
From the Post.

Why? Because Tiger answered a question honestly? Because he didn't say what his public relations people surely would have liked him to say?

Tiger doesn't like hockey, the same way some hockey fans might not like golf, or some people like classical music and others prefer rock and roll.

In this day and age, when professional athletes are fluent in cliches and most of them basically say nothing, I loved Tiger's hockey comment. He was asked a question and gave an honest answer. It's too bad more athletes don't do the same thing.

It seems like just about every professional athlete can't complete a sentence without a cliche. They have almost invented their own language, which is taught by their PR people.
Acie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote