Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Tiger...
Thread: Tiger...
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2008, 09:54 AM   #14 (permalink)
Major
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member, Eh?

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACIEEARL40 View Post
Why can't you stand Tiger?

The guy is amazing. He was hobbled, had doctors telling him not to play, didn't bring his A game and still found a way to win, despite Rocco playing a very good round.

Other generations got to watch Babe Ruth, Ted Williams, Maurice Richard, Walter Hagen, Bobby Jones, the Celtics of the 60's, Muhammad Ali, Pele...be thankful you have an opportunity to watch greatness unfold in your lifetime.
It may mean nothing to you guys but as a hardcore hockey fan I found this just disgraceful. He could've said something else like "Well honestly, I really haven't been following it too much" that would've been okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by National Post
Woods was asked earlier this month if he was rooting for the Detroit Red Wings or the Pittsburgh Penguins during the Stanley Cup final.

Woods started to laugh and then said: "I don't really care. Let's talk about the Dodgers. I don't think anybody really watches hockey anymore."

Hockey fans - and some Canadian media members - quickly dropped the gloves and came out swinging at Woods. Leading the way was TSN's Mike Milbury, a former NHL player, coach and general manager.

"You know what? I'm gonna change the name now," Milbury said. "It's gonna be Tiger Wuss. Here's a guy that took about three months to get over a simple arthroscopic surgery. You look at (Pittsburgh forward) Ryan Malone. His face exploded with a slapshot last night - he's back out in 10 minutes!

Last edited by Major; 06-17-2008 at 09:58 AM.
Major is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote