Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - NEW MEMBERS! Come in and say hi!
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2010, 04:38 PM   #945 (permalink)
rseal
reppin' T-dot 'til they bury me

Representing:

Hi guys,

I'm a 22 year old student and long time Raptors fan from Regina, Saskatchewan and I just discovered this forum today! I'm a little slow to the punch. Since the all-star break it's been quite frustrating to be a fan, but I seem to always force myself to endure the pain, even if they're in a slump. Hopefully things pick up and they make a run into the playoffs!

These may be nothing special to some of you guys who go to every game, but here are some of my favorite Raps memories:

During the Vince Carter era I was fortunate enough to make it to a couple games from all the way out here in Saskatchewan.

The first game I ever attended was Celtics at Raptors. Through some amazing connections, my father treated me to an amazing basketball game, enjoyed from a luxury suite at the ACC. This was during the successful 2000 season -- the game resulted in a Raps victory.

I made the trip to Toronto in 2001 to see the Raps take on the Lakers; A powerhouse Laker team -- with Kobe and Shaq winning rings every year. Even though the Raptors got smacked, it was amazing to see Kobe, Shaq and Vince Carter, all at the top of their game. Not to mention, they were arguably the three top players in the league at the time.

Watching any playoff series the Raptors have played is always a treat. Especially their 2001 run -- the East Semis versus Philly was one of the best NBA playoff series ever, in my opinion.

The energy that the sea of red is capable of producing at the ACC is unreal. That being said, I look forward to feeling that energy with a big run in the near future!

Being from Saskatchewan, I am a huge Roughriders fan and I made the trip to Toronto to watch them play Winnipeg in the 2007 Grey Cup . So on the Sunday of the game I watched the Bulls get beat by the Raps, only to followed by a Riders Grey Cup victory. A very solid day!

Last edited by rseal; 03-30-2010 at 04:45 PM.
rseal is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote