Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - World Soccer Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2008, 12:11 PM   #415 (permalink)
Belsius
a paranoid android

My name is Iņigo Montoya

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major View Post
Why the hell is everyone so hating on Italy?? What did they ever do to you??
Its a common hate in the football world man. They always play ugly and still win with their dirty ways.

In the lasst world cup they probably dint play one single decent game and they won because Materazzi (one of the most dirty players ever) provoking Zidane, arguably the most beloved player in football history, in the last game of his career.

Every team has a bad memory of playing agasinst them because of playing better than them and still losing. I still remember the 94 world cup when Italy eliminated Spain in the semis or quarters I dont remember. They broke Luis Enriques (a spanish attacker) nose in the area and they didnt call penalty in the last seconds of the game, then after a great game by Spain they beat us in the penalties. Thats just an example and there are millions of them.

Another thing is their soccer style. The Italian league and national team, is based in really good defense and counters. Its Ok to do that sometimes, but Italians have taken it to a level where it just promotes ugly football.

Finally, italian soccer players, are well known for having a lot of extreme-right supporters between them. Many of them have more than "questionable" tattos, with NAzi references. Of course thats a generalitation. I love some of them, but yeah, there are a lot of reasons to hate them.
Belsius is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote