Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Doug Smith: Bargnani's all hype
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2007, 04:53 AM   #12 (permalink)
BballWatcher
kicking himself for being so emotionally invested in the Roller-coaster Raptors

Representing:

My mind is totally all over the place on Andrea. Right now I'm leaning on hype dipping even into the bust category with how lethargic his play has been of late.

But then tonight against the Cats he didn't play, lending credence to the theory that he's been more hurt than he let on. Still, I'm of the mindset that for 99% of stars, they're good right off the bat or almost right off the bat. Shaq came into the league averaging a 20/10. Ditto Duncan.

On the one hand, Bargnani was young when he came into the L and adjusted to the NBA game. Perhaps now is his adjustment phase where he's out of his comfort zone (like Bosh in his first couple of years where he was forced to play minutes at center).

But on the other hand, what's with all the 2-14, etc. nights? What's with the off balance jumpers, the fading shots against guys 6" shorter? When I watch him sometimes he doesn't seem interested in making a play. He's unselfish to a fault. He doesn't have that burning desire to rip out the other team's throat.

Basically if Bargnani's production doesn't improve over last season we're in serious trouble. He was much better last year before his burning appendix was taken out than he's been this year, aside from maybe the first two games.
BballWatcher is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote