Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - OFFICIAL: Garbajosa Bought Out By Raptors
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2008, 04:07 PM   #17 (permalink)
Dr. J. Naismith
convinced that Raptors fans are only happy when they're unhappy.

Retired Administrator

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adequate Swag View Post
I loved Jorge as much as the next guy, but from a basketball perspective this isn't as huge a blow as some will make it out to be.

We replaced some of what Jorge brought with Moon, and while Jamario's (still developing) basketball IQ may not be on the same level, his athleticism helps us in a lot of ways at the swing spot.

I love Jorge's hustle and his selfless play, and the role he played in Calderon's development I think was underappreciated. However, if this offseason (specifically trading TJ and drafting) goes as planned, he may not have been a key component to the squad regardless of the injury.

I hope he's healthy enough to continue playing at a high level in Europe though. His passion for the game is obvious when you watch him, and it would be a shame if he was forced to call it quite entirely before he's ready too.
Well said Adequate and welcome to RF.

I think the toughness and grit factor to Jorge's game is what Raptor fans missed the most last season hoping that his intensity would be contagious and rub off on the rest of our team.

Health is the number one factor and it would be hard for him to continue with the tough rigors of the NBA game and the 82 game schedule. If going home back to Europe and playing a shorter seasons suit him better then I wish him all the best.
Dr. J. Naismith is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote