Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Soccer players faking injuries
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2010, 09:13 PM   #64 (permalink)
Claudius
contemplating

The Killing Joke

Representing:
Send a message via MSN to Claudius

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Most of them have to be drunk out of their minds to watch it. And when all else fails start a riot.
See, it's stupid ass comments like this which piss me off.

Do you know how many soccer riots occur? Very, very few. It's just a bunch of asses who cause problems and grab attention. And then people like you point at it as point to be mocked, terrible.

Are soccer fans passionate? Fuck yes. I love Arsenal. I'd argue I love Arsenal more than I love the Raptors. And it's a world wide fraternity with the fan base. I was once wearing my Hajduk Split jersey and a guy, I never met, comes up to me in a Zellers, shakes my hand and screams Hajduk. This was in West Quinte out of all places! That's a fan base. We understood what we belonged to.

Also, I'd love to see Raptor fans as passionate as some soccer fans. Christ, that place is morgue on most nights.

Lastly, to your drunk comment. The only sport I see people going out of their way to get drunk at is baseball. I wonder why that is?
Claudius is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote