Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Soccer players faking injuries
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2010, 02:23 PM   #48 (permalink)
'trane
I believe in Masai!

giant steps

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aar_Canada View Post
Or *gasp* there are different ways to watch a sport. And each of us has different needs.

You guys are talking about soccer as some sort of masterful chess match? Really?

Sports is as much for watching as it is for doing. And those who don't partake, have just as much of a right to have an opinion on the matter, as those who do.
claudius has given us an option as a way to watch soccer. jeff has said it's not worth watching in any way. there's a big difference in those two approaches.

and it is a chess match. absolutely it is. a slow march, move by move, based on a gameplan, that creates suspense along the way, and ultimately results in an opportunity to strike is exactly how i would describe chess.

and if i may speak to cg's other point, not meaning to put words in his mouth, it's not that spectator's don't have a right to an opinion, it's that an opinion is worth a lot more if it comes from someone who knows what he is talking about, and even more if that person has actually participated in it.
'trane is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote