Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Soccer players faking injuries
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2010, 03:12 PM   #43 (permalink)
Aar_Canada
is pounding the rock!

Captain Ding Dong

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudius View Post
Jeff I get it, it's not for you.

I think you're making silly statements (a goal the size of a house etc.) but whatever. Personally, I'd like to see you either:

a. with a defender on you, willing to take out your knees if need be, come rushing in, keeping control of the ball and then trying to beat a keeper who is cutting the angle on you. you'll then understand why some miss and why some strikers are adored.

b. stand 30-40 yards out and try to hit the target with either a laser that hits your mark or a beautiful touch where the ball curves just out of the reaches of the keeper.

Once you do those two things I'll appreciate your comments.

If anything, I'd argue footy is and always has been a gigantic chess match where simply shooting the ball at the net does no good because the keeper will be able to get to it 99% of the time (this isn't house league). It's all about creating for your teammate and getting them the opportunity to finish. The beginning is just as important as the end.

Many North Americans are too obsessed with the end product.
Or *gasp* there are different ways to watch a sport. And each of us has different needs.

You guys are talking about soccer as some sort of masterful chess match? Really?

Sports is as much for watching as it is for doing. And those who don't partake, have just as much of a right to have an opinion on the matter, as those who do.
Aar_Canada is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote