Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Regarding: RF Girl of the Day/ Sunshine Girl
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2010, 06:24 PM   #16 (permalink)
Claudius
contemplating

The Killing Joke

Representing:
Send a message via MSN to Claudius

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
They pose for the pictures and put themselves out there to be critisized or adored, both come with the territory. Same goes for male models, women critisize or admire as much as men do about women. If a woman on here went in the male beauty appreciation thread and called a guy fat or ugly would anyone here be offended? Nope, not in the least. We all call it as we see it, and we all see it differently.
I think over time, on a daily basis, if we put photos of 'regular' men up and we for an extended period of time, heard the complaints of women judging 'regular' men, I'd guarantee at least a few men on here would be bothered. It's quite easy to say I wouldn't be offended because for the most part, we're not subjected to it.

However, I do think you missed my point.

Again, I stay out of those threads for a reason. Not all people look the same and some of the comments are debasing. And while, these girls (because well the majority are between 18-23) are just that, girls, may be naive or just need the money, it's quite sad that we can simply throw out a comment without caring. That's fine and really, this is the reason why I stay out of this debate for the most part. It's going against what the majority here feel is right. So, really, whatever.
Claudius is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote