Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Regarding: RF Girl of the Day/ Sunshine Girl
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2010, 04:30 AM   #1 (permalink)
Kuzzy
is pounding the rock! (Edit)

Representing:
Exclamation Regarding: RF Girl of the Day/ Sunshine Girl

Just bringing this out...

Isn't posting up pictures of half-naked women and discussing their physical appearance a bit inappropriate?

Over the past few months the discussions regarding these 'supermodels' have only become more and more meticulous. I understand that this is a basketball forum and the majority of the members in this forum are males (including myself). But does this really make it okay to critique women and put such a great emphasis on outward appearance?
Some comments were pretty interesting and valid, like the discussion of what a supermodel actually is... Unfortunately though, several other posts just blatantly degrade women.

A solution, IMO, would be to either eliminate these photographs that are posted on a daily basis OR post pictures of men in the same manner- lets not forget, there are members in this forum that are females! The administrators do a great job of keeping the forum under firm control; by not allowing discrimination and keeping discussions appropriate. But the comments I've read in some of these ‘Daily Raptors Dish’ threads are extremely disrespectful and absurd.

I didn't post this to take a shot at anyone... but I'm pretty sure that I am not the only person that feels this way.

Please share your thoughts!

Last edited by Kuzzy; 03-13-2010 at 04:38 AM.
  Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote