Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Rudy fernandez going to Portland
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2008, 11:52 AM   #1 (permalink)
Belsius
a paranoid android

My name is Iñigo Montoya

Representing:
Rudy fernandez going to Portland

It was confirmed today, Portland is scary.

Quote:
BADALONA, SPAIN (TICKER) —Spain international Rudy Fernandez has confirmed he will play for the Portland Trail Blazers next season.

The 23-year-old shooting guard, who has spent his entire career to date with Spanish side DKV Joventut, announced the news at a press conference in Badalona on Friday.

“It has not been easy for me to take this decision, but it is the moment to face new challenges,” Fernandez said. “Now, I have the chance to fulfill a dream and form part of the NBA.

“I sat down with my family, and between them, my representatives and myself, we decided that it was the best moment, just after a fantastic year in which I have won titles with Joventut.”

Fernandez, who was selected by the Phoenix Suns in the 2007 NBA Draft before having his rights traded to Portland, will become the eighth Spaniard to play in the NBA after Fernando Martin, Pau Gasol, Raul Lopez, Sergio Rodriguez, Jose Manuel Calderon, Jorge Garbajosa and Juan Carlos Navarro.

Martin played for Portland in the 1980s, while Rodriguez is currently part of the Trail Blazers’ roster.

The Mallorcan-born Fernandez was a member of the Spain squad that won gold at the 2006 FIBA World Championships and silver at the 2007 EuroBasket, while this season he helped DKV win the Copa del Rey and the ULEB Cup.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slu...v=st&type=lgns
Belsius is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote